We Cater to YOU
Positioning you as the true career expert you are
Welcome! My name is Maria Hebda, founder of The Career Experts (TCE)—the home for certified career coaches and resume writers. TCE was born out of my commitment to support a highly selective group of credentialed career service professionals.
We cater to coaches and writers who want to share their industry expertise with their target audience, build relationships with potential clients, increase their visibility, and strategically grow their business. If this describes you, please join us!
Our platform is strategically designed to market and promote career coaches and resume writers. We provide the tools, resources, and support to increase their visibility and provide unlimited opportunities to connect with the thousands of job seekers visiting our site each month.
It’s all about building relationships. Connecting and engaging with your target audience, readers, and followers is how you begin to establish and build long-term relationships.
Job seekers want and need to know they’re more than just a sale to you. People buy from people they know, like, and trust.
“People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care” ― Theodore Roosevelt
6 MUST-DOs If You’ve Got More Time Than Clients
- Establish credibility and trustworthiness as a career coaching or resume writing expert.
- Get job seekers to know, like, and trust you. Frequently share what you know and what makes you an industry expert—stay top-of-mind and be the “go-to” for job seekers when it comes to solving job search problems.
- Make marketing a priority. It’s critical for business and plays a major role when it comes to increasing your online visibility and brand awareness.
- Personally connect with your audience and followers. It shows that you want to build a relationship with them, you get where they’re coming from, and that you’ve got their best interest in mind—builds TRUST.
- Distinct Yourself. You’re in competition with THOUSANDS of career coaching and resume writing services out there. Make it a no-brainer for job seekers when it comes to deciding who’s going to benefit them most.
- Have a support system. Like job searching, running your own business has its challenges and can be a lonely road. You support your clients and we support YOU.
I first became certified through the Professional Association of Resume Writers & Career Coaches (PARW/CC) program in 1997 and received my Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) certification. In 2002, I earned my Certified Career Management Coach (CCMC) certification through the The Academies program. I’ve learned a great deal in my journey of entrepreneurship (and continue to learn) and I share my experiences.
My experience over the years has primed me to build a community of high-level career service professionals and guiding them toward operating rewarding, profitable, and well-balanced businesses.
VIP Private Coaching
I work exclusively with career coaches and resume writers who struggle and need direction on what steps to take next to move their business forward.
As a VIP client, we’ll work together one-to-one to determine what’s working and what’s not, establish realistic business goals, and create a step-by-step plan and process to start turning your business around.
I’m committed to my colleagues.
I’ve made a commitment to dedicate my professional life to serve as a supporter, resource, and marketing consultant and coach to help my colleagues avoid making the same mistakes I did running my own career service business.
In December 2015, I retired from my private career service business after consecutively running that business and TCE for nearly 18 years so I could focus 100% of my time and efforts to TCE, which I enjoy very much!.
For too long, I burned the midnight oil only to find myself slipping up on client work the next day and having to re-work projects. Meanwhile, the “shiny-object syndrome” led me to spend thousands of dollars on various programs while never finding the time to actually complete any of them because I was too busy trying to figure out “quick-fix” ways to attract more clients.
Having been in the industry as long as I have, seeing the topics being discussed by career groups, and knowing the struggles and challenges my colleagues face running a business out of their homes because they want be there for their families, I realized the need for a comprehensive resource and elite network.