Career Advice by Career Experts
Glad you came to visit our site! Receiving career advice by career experts is a step in the right direction. All of our career articles below are written by certified career coaches and certified resume writers.
Each career expert has something different and valuable to share with you when it comes to moving your career forward. Please helps us help others and share what you learn here by clicking the “Share” button available on each posted career article you read on our site.
If you know anyone who can benefit from our resources, send them our way – we’re more than happy to help them too!
Select Topic To View Articles:
- Career Change: Learn How to Bounce Back More Quickly
- Choosing the Wrong Career Path
- Working Within Limitations
- Plan for a Promotion
- If You Want to Do Something, Do It!
- Fresh Grad Job Advice
- Finding Your Dream Job
- Decision-Making Part II: Evaluating & Strengthening Your Decision-Making
- Decision Making Part 1: Knowing Your Personal Style
- Advance Your Career & Enhance Your Brand With Social Media
- The Career Pivot
- Career Change – Big Changes Require Bold Moves
- Interim Executives – To Be or Not to Be?
- Your Job: Should You Stay or Should You Go?
- The ABC’s of Career Transition
- Not to Be Pigeon-Holed: Writers Who Paint, Lawyers Who Write and Various Other Freedoms of Expression
- Jack (and Jill) be nimble: Finding New Opportunities in Times of Distress
Job Searching Strategies
- Stand Out – Follow Up!
- How to Build Your Reference List
- Job Search Strategies: Reach Beyond the Obvious
- Executive Job Search – How to Use Recruiters
- Top Secrets of The Expert Job Search
- Seven Tips for Finding a Job Using the Internet
- Seven Strategies for Reducing Stress During a Job Search
- HR Professionals Need Career Coaching Too
- Creative Job Hunting
- Accessing the Hidden Job Market
Working with a Career Coach
- Is a Cover Letter Necessary?
- Cover Letter – How to Write a Killer Cover Letter Conclusion
- Your Cover Letter’s Magic
- Three Reasons Why Your Cover Letter Is Not Worth the Paper It’s Printed On
- The Downlow on Cover Letters
- The Case for the Cover Letter
- Inside Secrets on Writing a Great Cover Letter
- Do Recruiters and Hiring Managers Read Cover Letters?
- A Cover Letter is NOT Optional!
How To… & How Do…
- Branding: How to Brand Yourself with Your Resume
- Resume Formatting – How to Ace It
- How to Write the Perfect Post Interview Letter
- Resume Age – How to Reduce It on Your Resume
- Technical Careers: It’s Not Just a Paycheck
- Resume Strategies: How to Entice Employers
- How to Make an Impression in 7 Seconds
- How to Leverage Volunteer Experience in Your Career
- How to Impress Employers Before They Even See Your Resume
- How to Create an Award Winning Resume in 3 Steps
- How Do I Get Hired After Age 50?
Online Resumes / Social Networks
- Use Your Resume to Create a LinkedIn Profile
- LinkedIn Profile – 5 Quick Tips to Refresh Your LinkedIn
- 3 Easy Fixes for Social Media Profiles
- The Perils of Online Posting
- Online Resume Posting Guide
- Online Job Search Safety
- Introducing the Resume of the Future
- How Effective Are LinkedIn Profiles on a Resume?
- ASCII Resumes: An Essential Ingredient to Today’s Job Search
- 5 Best Practices for LinkedIn Profiles for IT Professionals
- 4 Ways To Instantly Improve Your Executive Resume
Recent College Grads
- Resume Tips – 5 Resume Red Flags
- CV vs. Resume: What is the difference?
- Seven Aspects of Highly Successful Resumes
- Avoid the Number One Resume Mistake
- Resume Message – It’s “Make or Break”
- Top 5 Resume Rules
- Get Interviews: Avoid These Common Resume Pitfalls
- Death of an Objective Statement
- Resume Marketing: Your Resume Is Your Marketing & Sales Pitch
- IT Executives – Writing Resumes for C-level Tech Executives
- Writing a Resume That Matters
- Resume Content – Words that Shouldn’t Be on Your Resume
- Will a Generic Resume Get Results?
- Why Should You Keep Your Resume Updated?
- Writing Your Resume – What to Consider When Writing Your Resume
- Job Description Resume vs. Value-Added Resume
- Professional Resume – Top 5 Things Not to Include
- Quality Resumes – 10 Quick Resume Fixes in Less Than 10 Minutes
- So Why Do I Need A Resume Anyway?
- IT Resume Writing – So What’s Your Story?
- Resume Problem: How to List Freelance Jobs?
- Part III: Resume Makeovers; I Should Hire You?
- Part II: Resume Makeovers; I Should Hire You?
- Part I: Resume Makeovers; Does Your Resume Have A Focus?
- Career Objectives in a Resume: Yes or No?
- No Second First Impression
- Volunteer Experience – Include It In Your Resume
- Resume Items – They Say It Will Look Good On Your Resume
- IT Soft Skills – Why They Are So Important in Your Resume
- A Good Resume Is Not Boring
- Resumes – Tips for Resume Writing
- Career Opportunities – Do Present an Exceptional Resume
- Quality Resumes Lead to More Interviews
- What Makes an Effective Resume?
- Returning to Work Resume
- Compensating for Employment Gaps
- Bringing Out The Real You In Your Resume
- Be Honest on Your Resume!
- Are You Married to Your Resume?
- Age-Old Question: Should I Lie About My Age On a Resume
- 4 Steps To A Perfect Resume
- 3 Reasons Never to Include Your Street Address on Your Resume
- 15 Items for Your Resume To Do List
- "Magical" Resumes Don’t Just Happen
- Private Equity Resumes – Let’s Make a Deal
- Differences Between Federal and Corporate Resumes
- Is Your Resume Employer Driven?
Tips & Strategies
- Career Transition: 5 Important Resume Tips
- Is an “old school” resume getting in your way?
- Resume Tips on How to Avoid the “Resume Black Hole” Trap
- Why You Need a Personal Brand
- What’s In a Name?
- What Goes in an Executive Portfolio?
- Transferable Skills You Should Highlight During Your Job Search
- Top Secrets of Expert Resumes
- Tips to Get Noticed
- The Most Important Part of Writing a Resume
- The Most Common Question About Resumes
- Strangest Things Seen On a Resume
- Set S.M.A.R.T. Resume Goals & Get Your Dream Job
- Moving Into Management: Changing Your Resume To Change Your Income Bracket
- Mini Resume Cards – Don’t Get Caught Without Yours!
- Is Someone Stealing Your Resume? In this tough economy, resume theft is on the rise.
- Getting The Most Out of a Job Fair
- Five Steps to Job Fair Success
- Five Reasons to Send Thank You Letters
- Carefully Select Your References!
- 5 Sure-Fire Steps to a New Job