Career Advice by Career Experts
All career related articles we provide you are written by credentialed career coaches and resume writers. Each career expert has something different and valuable to share when it comes to moving your career forward. Also, remember to share what you learn by clicking the “Share” button available on each article you access via our site. If you know anyone who can benefit from our resources, please send them our way. We’re happy to help them too!
Select Topic To View Articles:
- Choosing the Wrong Career Path
- Working Within Limitations
- Plan for a Promotion
- If You Want to Do Something, Do It!
- Fresh Grad Job Advice
- Finding Your Dream Job
- Decision-Making Part II: Evaluating & Strengthening Your Decision-Making
- Decision Making Part 1: Knowing Your Personal Style
- Advance Your Career & Enhance Your Brand With Social Media
- The Career Pivot
- Big Changes Require Bold Moves
- To Be or Not to Be an Interim Executive?
- Your Job: Should You Stay or Should You Go?
- The ABC’s of Career Transition
- Not to Be Pigeon-Holed: Writers Who Paint, Lawyers Who Write and Various Other Freedoms of Expression
- Jack (and Jill) be nimble: Finding New Opportunities in Times of Distress
- Informational Interviewing: A Job Seeker’s Secret Weapon – Part II
- Informational Interviewing: A Job Seeker’s Secret Weapon – Part I
- How to Follow-up After The Interview: A Four-Step Strategy
- Interviewing Authentically
- How to Handle Job-Hopping Questions During An Interview
- Five Tips to Nail the Interview in the First Five Minutes
Job Searching Strategies
- Stand Out – Follow Up!
- How to Build Your Reference List
- Job Search Strategies: Reach Beyond the Obvious
- Top Secrets of The Expert Job Search
- Seven Tips for Finding a Job Using the Internet
- Seven Strategies for Reducing Stress During a Job Search
- HR Professionals Need Career Coaching Too
- Creative Job Hunting
- Accessing the Hidden Job Market
- Top Ten Excuses Why People Don’t Network
- Top 10 Networking Tips
- Networking – It’s One of the Most Successful Job Hunting Tools
- Make Your Network Work for You
- Ask Not What You Can Get – but What You Can Give to Realize Your Career Dreams
- Separating Yourself from Your Job
- Making Money While You Create
- How to Use Recruiters for Your Executive Job Search
- Five Steps You Can Take to Offset the Negative News
Working with a Career Coach
- Your Cover Letter’s Magic
- Three Reasons Why Your Cover Letter Is Not Worth the Paper It’s Printed On
- The Downlow on Cover Letters
- The Case for the Cover Letter
- Is a Cover Letter Necessary?
- Inside Secrets on Writing a Great Cover Letter
- Do Recruiters and Hiring Managers Read Cover Letters?
- A Cover Letter is NOT Optional!
How To… & How Do…
- Reducing Your Resume Age
- Technical Careers: It’s Not Just a Paycheck
- Resume Strategies: How to Entice Employers
- Is Your Resume Employer Driven?
- How to Make an Impression in 7 Seconds
- How to Leverage Volunteer Experience in Your Career
- How to Impress Employers Before They Even See Your Resume
- How to Create an Award Winning Resume in 3 Steps
- How to Brand Yourself with Your Resume
- How Do I Get Hired After Age 50?
Online Resumes / Social Networks
- The Perils of Online Posting
- Online Resume Posting Guide
- Online Job Search Safety
- Introducing the Resume of the Future
- How Effective Are LinkedIn Profiles on a Resume?
- ASCII Resumes: An Essential Ingredient to Today’s Job Search
- 5 Best Practices for LinkedIn Profiles for IT Professionals
- 4 Ways To Instantly Improve Your Executive Resume
Recent College Grads
- Get More Interviews: Avoid These Common Resume Pitfalls
- Use Your Resume to Create a LinkedIn Profile
- Death of an Objective, Birth of a Headline
- Your Resume: Your Marketing & Sales Pitch
- Writing Resumes for C-level Tech Executives
- Writing a Resume That Matters
- Words that Should Not Appear on Your Resume
- Will a Generic Resume Get Results?
- Why Should You Keep Your Resume Updated?
- What to Consider When Writing Your Resume
- Value-Added vs. Job Description Resumes
- Top 5 Things Not to Include on Your Resume
- Ten Quick Resume Fixes in Less Than Ten Minutes
- So Why Do I Need A Resume Anyway?
- So What’s Your Story?
- Resume Problem: How to List Freelance Jobs?
- Part III: Resume Makeovers; I Should Hire You?
- Part II: Resume Makeovers; I Should Hire You?
- Part I: Resume Makeovers; Does Your Resume Have A Focus?
- Objectives in a Resume: Yes or No?
- No Second First Impression
- Leveraging a Reentry Client’s Volunteer Experience
- It’ll Look Good On Your Resume
- IT Resumes: Why Soft Skills Are So Important
- Is Your Resume Boring?
- Insider Tips for Resume Writing
- Exceptional Resumes = Interviews!
- Does Your Resume Need A Facelift?
- Do You Want a Standout Resume?
- Creating a Resume for a Mom Returning to the Workforce
- Compensating for Gaps in Employment
- Bringing Out The Real You In Your Resume
- Be Honest on Your Resume!
- Are You Married to Your Resume?
- Age-Old Question: Should I Lie About My Age On a Resume
- 5 Resume Red Flags
- 4 Steps To A Perfect Resume
- 3 Reasons Never to Include Your Street Address on Your Resume
- 15 Items for Your Resume To Do List
- "Magical" Resumes Don’t Just Happen
- Private Equity Resumes – Let’s Make a Deal
- Differences Between Federal and Corporate Resumes
- CV vs. Resume: What is the difference?
Tips & Strategies
- Is an “old school” resume getting in your way?
- Watch Out for That Resume "Black Hole" Trap!
- Why You Need a Personal Brand
- Why the Resume is an Endangered Species
- What’s In a Name?
- What Goes in an Executive Portfolio?
- Transferable Skills You Should Highlight During Your Job Search
- Top Secrets of Expert Resumes
- Tips to Get Noticed
- The Most Important Part of Writing a Resume
- The Most Common Question About Resumes
- Strangest Things Seen On a Resume
- Set S.M.A.R.T. Resume Goals & Get Your Dream Job
- Moving Into Management: Changing Your Resume To Change Your Income Bracket
- Mini Resume Cards – Don’t Get Caught Without Yours!
- Is Someone Stealing Your Resume? In this tough economy, resume theft is on the rise.
- Getting The Most Out of a Job Fair
- Five Steps to Job Fair Success
- Five Reasons to Send Thank You Letters
- Carefully Select Your References!
- 5 Sure-Fire Steps to a New Job